- They're pointless.
- They're dull.
- They resolve nothing.
- They don't harness the power of multiple minds.
- You won't shut-up.
- They take too long.
- They're way too short to accomplish anything.
- Too many people attend.
- None of the right people attend.
There are many more, of course. Those are just off the top of my head. Here are a few things we can all do to make meetings better:
- Have less of them.
- Hold the meeting standing up.
- Serve fresh fruit instead of doughnuts.
- Move fast.
- Have an agenda.
- Make decisions.
- Have someone who is not "in charge" run them.
I'm going to think more in-depth on this topic and report back.
[Inspired by this Seth Godin post.]